BAS Agent Services
Organised Accounting Solutions Pty Ltd is a registered BAS Agent with the Tax Practitioners Board. What does this mean? It means that we are legally able to provide BAS services to you and as such, you can rely on our work to satisfy your tax liabilities and obligations with the Tax Office. Since the establishment of the Tax Agent Services Act 2009 (TASA 2009) it is illegal to engage a bookkeeper who is not a registered BAS Agent to perform BAS services for your business for a fee.
A Bookkeeper found practicing in this way is subject to heavy fines and penalties! So BAS services, because they can only be performed by a BAS Agent, are not the same as general bookkeeping services.
When BAS time comes around either monthly or quarterly, our BAS Agent takes the time to have a look at your accounts and, if requested, run a management report. It is a great time to tidy up any loose ends and point out where improvement needs to be made for the next month/quarter.
Lodging your BAS through a BAS Agent will also mean that your BAS is lodged electronically and you get the EXTENDED due dates for lodgement and payment of your GST.
We will ensure that your ATO Deadlines are met on time.
BAS services include the following:
- Providing advice about a BAS Provision.
- Preparing and/or lodging your Business Activity Statements, Installment Activity Statements or Employee Payment Summaries.
- Reviewing your software data file (including making any amendments) and preparing reports which will be used to complete various tax forms.
- Preparing year-end reports based on your accounts which you and/or your accountant will use to satisfy your year-end tax liabilities and obligations.
- Reconciling data relating to a BAS Provision to determine the figures which will be used in your Activity Statement/s.
- Contacting the Commissioner of Taxation (i.e. the ATO) on your behalf in relation to a BAS Provision.